|Home | Articles | News | Blog | About | Mailing List | Resources | Prominent Islamists | Middle East Forum | Keep Us Informed | Donate|
Attorney for ISIL recruit defendant wins OK to withdraw from case
by Stephen Montemayor
An attorney for one of five young Twin Cities men facing trial on charges of supporting ISIL won court approval Friday to withdraw from the case after a week of controversy over comments by an imam who had been assisting in the defense.
At a hearing Friday afternoon, U.S. District Judge Michael Davis approved the motion by P. Chinedu Nwaneri to withdraw from the defense team for Mohamed Farah.
Davis was asked to consider whether to disqualify members of Farah's legal team after federal prosecutors said a co-defendant in the case said he learned about prayer for "individuals fighting in jihad" from the imam, Hassan Mohamud.
Note: The content of external articles does not necessarily reflect the views of Islamist Watch.