|Home | Articles | News | Blog | About | Mailing List | Resources | Prominent Islamists | Middle East Forum | Keep Us Informed | Donate|
Prosecutor: Most Cologne New Year's suspects are refugees
Most of the suspects identified in connection with a series of robberies and sexual assaults in Cologne during New Year's celebrations are refugees, prosecutors said Monday.
The crimes, described as unprecedented by authorities, sparked uproar in Germany and a heated debate about the country's ability to integrate almost 1.1 million people who sought asylum there last year.
Cologne prosecutor Ulrich Bremer said 73 suspects have been identified so far — most of them from North Africa. A total of 1,075 criminal complaints have been filed, including 467 alleging crimes of a sexual nature ranging from insults to rape.
Note: The content of external articles does not necessarily reflect the views of Islamist Watch.