|Home | Articles | News | Blog | About | Mailing List | Resources | Prominent Islamists | Middle East Forum | Keep Us Informed | Donate|
There Is No More 'Million Muslim March' on 9/11
by Steven Nelson
The demonstration originally called the "Million Muslim March" now has an explicitly secular name, the "Million American March Against Fear," organizer Isa Hodge stressed in a Friday interview with U.S. News.
Media coverage of the event, scheduled for the 12th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, exploded earlier this week. Hodge said he's irritated that many reports used the original name, which he says was changed in February after the addition of groups that doubt the official account of the 2001 attacks.
"They're focusing on what it was [called] before February to continue the misinformation and fear that we're trying to stop," Hodge said. "It's more sensational if they can put out there that it's just Muslims going to dance on the graves of the 3,000 souls that were lost that day. That's not what we're doing."
Note: The content of external articles does not necessarily reflect the views of Islamist Watch.